4:44 PM

Last night I helped wrap up some presents for kids that are waiting to be put into foster care. I recently read these statistics on KSL: "The Utah Department of Human Services found 37 percent of kids who aged out of foster care over their five-year study were arrested within three years. None of them finished college. Half of them received food stamps."

This morning, Flying J Inc - the parent company of the bank I work for- filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Shortly after we had a bank-wide meeting about this, I read an article about Dubai.

So all this has me wondering - what in the world is going on in this world? All these children without parents, company after company falling apart... And the building of an under-water "ten star" hotel? Such a strange imbalance.

I guess that's how it's always been. It's just never been so in-your-face to me before.

2 comments:

AJ Harbison said...

Great to connect with you again, Kati3! :) Thanks for the link to The Listening Blog. I'll see you around!

AJ Harbison
<><

Ashlee said...

The only way I can deal with this economy is to remember that it's a cycle and we've come out of it before. My dad has every confidence that FJ is going to come out of bankruptcy if that helps at all :). Keep us posted!